Thursday, May 19

Adjustments

Bonjour!

If you know me, personally or through previous posts such as this and this, then you know that I can't pass up a good deal.  Meh, call me crazy.  But anyway...

See this dress?

Well, one day about a month or so ago, I ran into it.  It was on a sales rack. 
For $10.
Did you hear me?
TEN DOLLARS!!!!!!

So, I think it would be safe to say that just about any woman (who wasn't afraid of a bit of a print), would eagerly try this on.  So I did. 
Tsk tsk tsk.

You know, I wonder about the Gap sometimes.   The cut/fit of some of their items truly perplexes me.  On the hanger, this dress was hot.  On the model, this dress is hot.  When I tried this on, it was hot...but it was just the outside temperatures, that is. 

On me, this dress was (as my students would say) an Epic Fail.  Actually, there was no fit.  I tried on the smallest size and every part of the dress just hung or sagged.  Even the reviews on Gap's website for this dress were not favorable.

But did that stop me?

Nope.

Staying true to my I-Really-Just-Can't-Pass-It-Up-Cuz-It's-Only-(insert number here)-Dollar Disorder, I bought the darn dress.  And that's because I had plans for this (not at all) little number.

You see, while in the fitting room, I had (at least, what I felt was) a creative moment.  I decided that I could actually get two items for the price of one!  Below, is the first item:


       
See?! An infinity scarf!!!  (I'm giggling right now!)

I cut the dress in half, and made zero adjustments to the top portion.  Okay, so it's a little uneven.  I thought that I could just tuck the sleeve parts in/under, but throughout the day, they kept peeking out, as you can see in all three pics.  It may look a little crazy (one person asked if it was a part of my dress and a student asked me, "What is it?"!...I'm glad I have a sense of humor).  Anyway, I love it.  {From the three pics, I couldn't decide which "look" to go with this morning, but I ended up going with the third b/c the cardigan was long enough to cover my boo-tay.} 

As for the second piece, I'm going to have to wait a little while longer to debut that...my mom is converting it into a skirt!  I was so proud of myself when I came up with this idea....I felt like I could actually be a credible "creativ-onista" (mmmm-hmm, that's what I said)!

Buuuutttt...there is still one thing that just doesn't sit well with me.

Two days after purchasing the dress, Gap had an extra 40% off on sale items...!!!  (And you know me...)
But unfortuately, I was so caught up in percentage signs that I forgot that I could have brought the dress back for a price adjustment...and it was still in my car!!!  I'm still mad about that, actually.  Call me cheap.  Call me crazy.  But I could have saved an extra four dollars!

Huh. 
That's one gallon of gas, which that, my friends, is crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, you are hilarious. I think we share a brain or something (except mine is missing the right hemisphere, as I have zero creativity). This whole post had me cracking up. Love reading your blurbs...and that says something because I normally gloss over (or skip) peoples' blurbs (shhhhhhh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you always crack me up! I am the exact same way as you... If something is cheap, I'll buy it. If it's full price, no matter how much I love it, I rarely buy it! lol But turning it into a scarf & skirt is just brilliant. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too funny! I have had moments where I couldn't pass up an item of clothing because it was so cheap! Unfortunately, I never wear it and I just waste money. You, on the other hand, were very creative in converting the dress into a skirt and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the skirt. I've bought things with intentions to alter them and never do so I'm happy to see you following through with a plan.

    ReplyDelete