Tuesday, May 17

The Camera Adds lbs and Other Things

  
{the pieces: Denim Jacket - Gap (from waywayway back in the day), Dress - Loft,  Belt (that I can't seem to get away from) - Gap, Shoes - Steve Madden}

I don't know what's going on with my camera.  I mean, it is the finest of digital cameras...from 2004.
I like how multifaceted it is.  The colors of my carpet and accent wall above the fireplace apparently have three different shades.  Even my skin tone is doing some tricks that I wasn't aware of. 

Hey!  Is it cloudy in your house?  No?  Huh.  It seems like it is in mine...  That's just too bad for me 'cuz buying a new camera has moved to the bottom of the list that is on the bottom of the stack of lists. So, it is what it is.

Anyway, about this dressydress.  I've had it for a couple of months, and although I've played around with styling it a few times before, I've never felt like this dress had the greatest fit on me.  (However, the color and ridiculously cheap price have been enough to assuage any displeasure.)  I had zero intentions of wearing it today, but after being exasperated with the lack of whatever I was needing in order to put together a decent outfit today, I just decided to throw it on under this jacket and go. 

Now that I see this dress on me in the pics, I'm realizing that I was right about the weirdness of the fit. 

Oh, wait!  Did you know that I was expecting?

Neither did I.

But according to the weirdly high placement and puffiness of this dress's waistline, I am.  Or at least, I look like I am...especially in pic #2.

Oh, well.  I still like this darn dress, so if you find that these pics are unflattering in any way...it's the camera's fault!  ;)


See ya!

9 comments:

  1. Seriously love that dress.....(and not just 'cause I have it too ;) I'm going to style mine the way same now, thanks for the inspiration! My camera is insane too btw! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned since starting a blog that the easiest way to fake (instead of make) something fit - belt it up. I love this dress; gorgeous color! And the denim jacket is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you do not look like you're expecting. AT ALL! I just bought a dress this color, so I love the inspiration of how to style it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha you DON'T look like you're expecting! (Although I do hate when I feel like something is making me look that way.) You look cute! And the color of that dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the dress! No, you don't look pregnant and yes, you look fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I think you look cute. And I guess cameras, like computers, need to be updated. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look fantastic, I don't think you look like you're expecting at all! The color of it is particularly fabulous on you.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a fabulous color on you!!! definitely your color!

    ReplyDelete