Saturday, April 30

Ten Things I Love

I don't do weekend posts very often, but I started putting this together for the purpose of completing my Ten Things I Love list, but since I took P to a backyard birthday party, I figured why not try to look cute and then add my outfit to this l'il ol' bloggy-blog?  ;)


   
 Hat - Mossimo, Target   Orange Tank - Gap   White Tank - Old  
Skirt - Gap (minus 6 inches from its original length, as seen here)
BCBG "Uba" Sandals

The birthday party was fun and very laid back.  So much so, that I even decided to partake in a little Miller Lite sipping...although I'm not a big drinker, much less a beer drinker.  A funny thing that happened was when my friend's 5-year old daughter walked up to our table and made an inquiry about my choice of beverage. 

She asked me, "Why are you drinking root beer?"

The adults at the table had to stifle our laughs at the sheer cuteness of her innocence.  While grabbing the bottle and strategically placing my hand over the entire label, I responded with,

"Ummm...'cause I like root beer?"

Cute, huh?

Anyway, a week or so ago, my fellow style blogger Tiffany from Breakfast with Tiffany tagged me for a post about Ten Things I Love.  Please check out her list, and while you're there, check out her entire blog and her cutey-cute wardrobe.  (Oh, and be sure to be on the lookout for some drool-worthy sandals and a killer pair of turquoise heels when you get there!) 
I vowed to complete my Ten Things by that weekend, but it escaped off of my list of things to do...until now!  So, here goes:

I love...

1. My husband.  After nearly ten years together, not only does he get me, but he accepts the me that he gets.

2. My kid.  I can't express in words my feelings for that little nut.

3. My (extended) family.  With all the good and the bad, we are a unit and we have each other's backs.

4. My shoes.  My shoe count is disgustingly in the triple digits.  And although many of them have not seen the light of day in a veryveryvery long time,  I still have deep feelings for each pair.  Really.  Sometimes I'll just stand in the closet and admire the shape, heel, pattern, or color of a pair of shoes.  Creepy?  Maybe. 
Just being me?  Yes.

5. Walking up to one of my favorite stores and seeing a sign in the window that reads something along the lines of: "Extra 50% (or 40%...or even 30%) off Sale Items".  I'm getting an adrenaline rush just typing out the words!

6. ...getting a really expensive item for reallyreallyreally cheap!  Like, dirt cheap.  Shamelessly, dirt cheap. (this would have something to do with item #5, of course)

7. ...my Gap men's belt.  I've worn it pretty much everyday this week.

8. ...Target.  Enough said.

9. ...the smell of wet clothes coming out of the washing machine.  That's my definition of "fresh".  Don't judge.  ;)

10. And for my last item... this is something that I would love to have:
      A Range Rover.

And so, to commemorate some of the items on this list, here is a little collage-y:


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You're adorable. I have to say that I'd prefer the dry clothes out of the dryer rather than the wet ones, but hey, to each his (or her!) own. ;)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kish, I love the skirt. I have a jean skirt I can't let go of, and I think I might steal your idea. Lol You have a beutiful family. Your collage defines all things Kish! love it!

    ReplyDelete