Thursday, February 3

F is for Freezing

Snow and Houston aren't really synonymous...


     ...but I was SO excited to get dressed today, even though our city would be facing a miraculous downfall of snow!  I'm sure everyone's eyes in Houston (and, of course, in many other parts of the country) were glued to their televisions this morning awaiting news/updates of the inclement weather conditions.  I, like countless of other teachers (okay, and maybe students) were drunk with hope that our respective school districts would cancel school for the day in preparation for the snow.
    My excitement began when HusbandM announced that he saw my district's name on television as having only a half day.  Well, let me tell you, that was all I needed to hear in order to bound out of bed and get the (half) day going.  Considering that a (half) day for me meant only three classes, I dressed for a relaxing (half) day of library visits and SSR...

   I wonder if M knows what district I work for?

   'Cuz when I arrived to school this morning, my visions for my (half) day were ruined.

   As disappointed as I was that my half day never really existed (seriously, I do not understand how M got that wrong), I still didn't leave school until nearly an hour after the 3:55 p.m. dismissal.  Regardless, there were a few good things to come out of today, though...

(1) It was a relaxing day
(2) I was ridiculously comfortable in my tunic, tights, and boots and
(3) School is cancelled for Friday!!!!!!!!!!! 

And now, I'm off to "play trucks" and relax (some more)!


The blue infinity scarf provided for a colorpop!
against a neutral "background".


Can't see it, but my socks
actually have various shades of blue on them.



the pieces:
Tunic - Theory (purchased from TJ Maxx, Winter '09)
Scarf - The Limited (Winter '09)
Tights - Kohl's (Summer/Fall '10)
Wool Socks - TJ Maxx (Winter '09)
Boots - Target (Winter '10)


BUT WAIT!
THERE'S MORE!
I DIDN'T GET TO DO A POST YESTERDAY,
BUT I DID TAKE A FEW PICS...





the pieces:
Cardigan - Gap
Long-sleeved Tee - Gap
Jeans - Express Zelda
Boots - Marc by Marc Jacobs (purchased from DSW.com)
Belt - The Limited

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding me. I stumbled upon FirstGradeParade and I love finding more educators. Thanks for follwing me. I look foward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that you are from the same city as the boyfriend's cousins. Small world!

    Cute outfits too!!

    ReplyDelete