Monday, January 31

A Warm Winter's Day

Ever heard the joke about the weather in Texas?


   ...if you wait around for fifteen minutes, it'll change. 
  
    Well, the weather hasn't been that tempermental lately, but we have been spoiled with fairly nice weather over the past few days.  But all of that will end...tomorrow.  I guess I really shouldn't complain as some of my new blogging friends are currently enduring snowstorms and what not (funny, though, just the semblance of a snow flurry here in Houston would excite the likes of children and adults).  Snow, much less freezing cold temperatures, are a rarity in Houston, but for the next few days we will be facing temps in the 20s and 30s....whooooo....
 
    I was deluded into thinking that spring really was around the corner, so I couldn't help but to pull out a fun pattern and bright color mix this morning.  In support of the "Go Red for Women" campaign against heart disease and stroke, we are able to wear jeans to work this week.  I'm not sure if the outfit as a whole was successful, but it put me in a light-hearted mood this morning.  I do have summer plans for this top, though, that involve short shorts (!) and tall wedges...(sigh).  I can't wait for the warm weather! 

     Well, while I'm hunkerin' down here in the south...I hope all of you facing the "real" cold weather stay warm and safe!






the pieces:
  • Sweater - Jeanne Pierre, purchased on clearance ($10) from T.J. Maxx
  • Blouse - Petticoat Alley, purchased on clearance ($10) from T. J. Maxx
  • Jeans - Gap Low Rise Straight Leg
  • Boots - Bandolino
  • Orange Beaded Necklace - Express
  • Double-chain Necklace - The Limited

No comments:

Post a Comment