Tuesday, April 17

Wearing the White Blazer

Blazer - Forever 21
Double-Layered Tank - Banana Republic Factory
Cobalt Blue Pants - Express
Hot Pink Shoes - Calvin Klein (DSW)

When I shop at Forever 21, I try to be careful with my purchases because it's very easy to lose one's mind (and money) in such a trendy store with ridiculously cheap prices (and quality to match sometimes, but that's another story).

But when I saw this blazer last October or November, I fell so in love with the tucking details in the shoulder and the tuxedo style of the lapels that there was no question that I had to have it.  I have to admit, though, that I was a little nervous about it.  Even while standing in line, I vacillated between making a purchase that would possibly be sentenced to a life of hanging, unworn, in my closet because I wouldn't really know who to wear or style it OR saving myself the money and trouble from another non-refundable F21 piece.  (Yeah, I could always exchange within 14 days, but that, for me, just creates more rigmarole.  Am I the only one who feels this way??)

Well, I obviously made the purchase, but I also cursed the hell out of F21's return/exchange policy well after the 14 day sanction.  I was so scared to wear this blazer!  I was scared of not styling it well enough...I was scared of it wearing me... I was scared that it was "too much" to wear to work...And, of course, I was scared of getting dirty.   

Anyway, I finally realized that I was just putting way too much thought into "wearing the white blazer" and should just wear the d**n thing. 

So today, I did.

And the funny thing (at least to me) is that I was so caught up in finally wearing the white blazer this morning, that I totally forgot about trying to complete my look with some extra accessories.

Huh. Maybe next time.

11 comments:

  1. Loving the white blazer & you are wearing the d**m thang!!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a white blazer! Just a few days ago I discovered I had one in my closet! I completely forgot about it lol. But girl, you are wearing that blazer! It sure isn't wearing you ;)

    I feel you on the F21 return policy. It annoys me sometimes.

    Janell
    www.fashionableyoubyj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm totally over here screeching "white blazer!" at my computer screen right now. "Whiiiiite blaaaaazzzzzer!"

    I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, you look AMAZING! And I've been looking everywhere for a white blazer just like that. I love it! I especially love the pop of pink in the shoes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you are wearing it SO well!! I love love LOVE the way you styled it! I'm with Jenn. I want one, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blazer looks cute...and so perfect with the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love! Now you're not making me feel so badly - I bought an adorable 3/3-sleeve white blazer from The Limited about six weeks ago. I had like, PLANS for this blazer. Guess what? It's still sitting on the same rack in the utility room, tags on, that I hung it on when I got it home the day I bought it. Lame, over here. I really like the bold colors you've put with yours... I may have to steal. Oh, I'm going to Pin you! (Don't worry, it won't hurt.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl I feel ya about F21s return policy. When I go in there and find stuff I like but know I shouldn't buy, I try them on hoping they won't fit giving me an out! Lol. You styled the blazer nicely though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew...so I guess I won't feel so self-concious wearing this blazer again...thanks, ladies.

    Melissa: So glad to "see" you!

    Jenn: LoL!

    Taylor: You CRACK ME UP!!! I've never been pinned before...sound cool!

    High Heels: Amen to trying stuff on in F21 in hopes that they won't fit...been there too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are just too cute!! I am loving your bun, makes the outfit complete

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look from head to toe! I'm a big fan of the white blazer - I get super paranoid about mine. Like the day I wear it will be the day that my coffee will drip down the front of me. I'm loving the white with the blue - must copy immediately!

    ReplyDelete