Wednesday, April 18

Lesson Learned: Dated Shoes


 Dress - Loft
Cardigan - Loft
Green Belt - Express
Orange/Green Shoes - oldies

Hello!

The shoes that I'm wearing today haven't been worn in soooo many years.  Actually, these shoes are a little older than the sixth graders that I teach.  Which, I guess, is obvious because I actually had one student ask me,

"Mrs. C...how long have you had those shoes?"

Before I could even answer, I busted out laughing.  Huh.  I personally don't think that these shoes look that dated.  But, apparently, they look older than they are.  Wait.  I take that back.  Apparently, they look older than I am:

Me (responding to "inquisitive" student):  "Well...how long do you think I've had them?"

Inquisitive Student:  "I don't know...since, like, 1970."


Gotta love the kids.

7 comments:

  1. Whaaat? I don't think they look dated either. But I'm also not very up on what passes for fashion in the sixth-grader crowd either. :)

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I just posted a conversation that tool place with me and the beloved. Yes, gotta love them!!! I think the shoes are cute. The outfit too! As a matter of fact, I think I have those same shoes in orange.......lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! I think they're cute and not a bit dated! But what do I know? I'll be 33 in a few months, so I'm definitely no youngster. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that's just hysterical. :) I LOVE that dress on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the shoes are cute...and I don't think they look old at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if those shoes are steve madden i have a pair also but they were given to me a long time ago lol but they are cute

    ReplyDelete