First: "Black and navy?"
Next: "Did you mean to wear that color of tights?"
Later: "Hmmm....I think I would have worn a brown skirt instead...but it's okay. " (This came from a 7th period student who stood in front of me, leaning to one side, with her hand cupped around her chin and a pensive expression on her face).
And then there was a "stranger danger" experience in the grocery store. The first time he walked past me, he looked at me in such a way that I had to reach back and smooth my skirt just to make sure that it wasn't hiked up. After the third time he walked by, he approached me and used the line, "Do you know where I can find crushed garlic?" as a lame attempt of a pick-up. Seriously? The worst part was when he (after walking away and coming back again) asked if I was married. When I confirmed, he had the nerve to say, "Me, too."
After he walked away (for the last time, thankfully), I checked the contents of my purse just to make sure that his hand wasn''t quicker than my eye. And then I added this to my list of reasons why I Hate Grocery Shopping.
I'm thinking it's time for bed.
- Sweater - DKNY (purchased from Macy's many moons ago)
- Blouse - BCBG (old purchase from Marshall's)
- Skirt - Express (Summer '10)
- Navy Blue Tights - Apt. 9 (purchased from Kohl's, Winter '10)
- Shoes - Jessica Simpson (recent purchase from TJ Maxx...only $20!)
- Necklace (recent purchase from TJ Maxx)