|Cardigan - from my sister|
Top - Norma Kamali (Goodwill)
Pants - Gap
Shoes - Ralph Lauren (DSW)
In one of my last posts, I mentioned that I was going to be taking a trip to Chicago for a reading convention. Well, yesterday afternoon, I returned with a new outlook on teaching and on the city of Chicago.
Here is what I saw/did:
- met the author (Christopher Paul Curtis) of the novel that my students are going to begin reading next week (The Watsons go to Birmingham - 1963)...he also took a picture with me and signed a poster dedicated to my students
- saw some of the great architecture of the city while on a boat tour
- took a few crazy cab rides
- heard and met some incredibly motivating teachers/speakers/authors
- walked by "Booker T" (a WWE wrestler) on the plane and at the airport
- ate authentic Chicago-style pizza from the award-winning restaurant Lou Malnati's
- shopped for the first time at H&M
- received a lot of free stuff!