Thursday, May 31

Red (But Not Apple Red) Pants

Tank - Marshall's
Navy Cardigan - Loft
Red Cords - Gap
Shoes - Jessica Simpson (Dillards)
Earlier this week, I shared my woes about wearing a blazer in blazing hot weather.
Today, I decided to again test my sanity by wearing a pair of red cords.
Yeah, I live on the edge like that.  Surprisingly, though, it wasn't that bad. 

On another note, was it wrong of me to be jealous of my five-year old son this morning?  His last day of school was yesterday, and at 6:20 this morning, when I normally wake him up, he was still sound asleep.  I turned the TV on to Nick Jr.and watched "Go, Diego, Go" anyway.  (Why break old habits?)

Speaking of habits, do any of you teachers out there receive apples from students?  (okay, that's more like a tradition than a habit, but I needed a segway...)  Or do any of you parents give an apple to your kid's teacher(s)?

Well, today, I had a group of young ladies decide to give me a fruit as an end of year gift. But it wasn't an apple.  They had decided during lunch on the previous day that apples are too typical.  So instead, they decided to give me.....

a coconut!!!

How original was that?  I have to admit, though, I've never opened a coconut, so (according to one of the girls) I should refer to Google in order to find out how to crack it open.  It's cool, though.  I can't wait to try it.

However, if I don't like it, I received a gift from another group of girls today that will be sure to please:

chocolate!!! 

In case you didn't know, chocolate is a sure-fire way to a teacher's heart (and her a**...but on most days, who cares?!).

Has any other teacher (or anyone else) ever recieved a non-traditional fruit or gift from a student (or from someone)?

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, a coconut! I wouldn't know what to do with a coconut!

    Love those red skinnies and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely in your red, white & blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo a coconut! I have no idea what I would do if I received that fruit but yes I agree choc is better. Love the red pant.s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok love your chevron tank...looks amazing with the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. link to yellow shorts!!!

    http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=whatsnew_all&ProductID=2002928701&VariantID=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Receiving a coconut was indeed a unique thought. I love your outfit! The top and jeans are fabulous!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great red pants! Love the striped top as well- it's like a more chic look of the whole in-style nautical theme!!
    And thanks so much for the comment on my blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the simplicity of this outfit!

    ReplyDelete