|Salmon Pink Racerback Tank - Cynthia Rowley (TJ Maxx)|
White Linen Shorts - Loft
Shoes - Elle (Kohl's)
I had a great lunch with some co-workers/friends yesterday.
Shades of white:
Scorching temps here in
Hades Houston led me to wear this racerback tank and linen shorts.
And, although I was in the company of familiar faces, there was a new introduction made:
White Shorts, meet Soda.
Soda, meet White Shorts.
What's even worse is that I didn't even notice this until much later, which meant that the salacious Mr. Soda had ample time to permanently taint my innocent White Shorts. (The last statement is my attempt to humorously segue into the next part of this post...)
Shades of gray:
So, during our lunch, I shared my recent, erm, adventure? into the dark world of Christian Grey and whats-her-name-who-he-f**ks-all-over-the-place.
I won't share with you what happens (although I kinda just did), but I will say this about the 50 Shades trilogy:
1. I purposely took breaks while reading these books.
2. I found myself skipping over lines...then paragraphs...and even a few pages.
3. It was a feat to even finish book two.
4. I didn't even bother to read book three.
5. I politely asked the customer service rep at Target if they allowed returns on books...then I quickly dumped books two and three onto the return desk when he confirmed. (Book one's fate was saved because I loaned it to my sister.)
So, can you guess what my review of the series would be?
(Tiffany said it best in her comment to my previous post.)
Ok...'til next time...
p.s. Sorry if my use of asterisks was kind of "vulgar"...just telling it like it is.
p.s.s. And if that is too vulgar, um... you may not want to read the book.